Balkan Museum Network
The Balkan Museum Network (BMN) exists to celebrate, preserve and share the complex common heritage of the Balkans and to create, through cooperation, a strong, collective voice for Balkan heritage and the museum profession.
Aims and objectives
- Key objective 1: strengthening museums and the museum and heritage professions in the Balkans through capacity building.
- Key objective 2: museums are values and used as a resource and actor in civil society.
- Key objective 3: the BMN is a strong platform for cooperation and collective advocacy for museums as institutions and the people that work in them
ROLE IN THE PROJECT
- Communication, dissemination and engagement
- Co-definition of research and market needs
- Testing/validation of approaches and ideas
- Prototyping and demonstration
- Education and training
- Contributions from the social sciences or/and the humanities
- Networking, engagement, awareness raising